Skip to main content

Book Club

Well, my first book club meeting was a complete success. We had a really great time. There were six of us (2 couldn't make it). I hosted. I haven't had that many people in my house since we moved here (not counting Ethan's Birthday parties). The wine and food kept flowing and we all really enjoyed our selves.
Angela and her friends all came together and once they left, my new friend Deirdre and I sat and had a couple more drinks and laughs. Wayne must have had a hell of a time listening to us giggling like a couple of school girls in the next room.
Here's the downside though. I NEVER drink. That combined with my new meds, was not a pretty combination! I was terribly sick that night and was in bed the entire next day! I have to say it was well worth it though. I'll just have to be careful at our next meeting...


Chris said…
I am so glad your book club went well. Don't worry, you re-learn the whole drinking thing :)
Missy said…
hahaha Lightweight! Glad you had a good time xo

Popular posts from this blog

Our Disaster of a Day!

My in-laws just left after a five day visit.  I don't mind it being a five day visit, but then again, five days of your house not being your own is always a bit unsettling and although I don't look forward to their departure when they are here, I can't say I'm sad to have things go back to normal. As a treat for my son's birthday, we took him to the Museum of Natural History in London on Thursday.  He chose to go because we took him last year (he's been crazy about dinosaurs since he was three years old).  They give out adventure packs at the museum which consist of a back pack, safari hat, and binoculars with an adventure to follow during their visit.  The back pack has clues in it to solve a mystery.  Last year it had a dinosaur claw, a tooth and a sample of dinosaur skin he had to match up to one on display.  He had a great time solving the mystery and even remembered which dinosaur it ended up being. Last year's trip was wonderful.  We walked right in,

Playing with my new lens...

I got a new camera lens for my birthday last week.  I don't have a lot of time to play with it, but this is one of the first shots I took...

Beside myself

I had to spend my morning trying not to watch the news knowing because of the time difference, it would be many hours before I could call my loved ones back home (in NJ & NY).  To help pass the time, I took my son to the movies and started making calls on the walk home.  I spoke to my parents, sister and a few friends getting confirmation of my family's safety and most of my friends.  I still can't reach my best friend who lives in Staten Island, NY.  I've been trying to call her once and hour every hour for the last five hours, but still haven't reached her.  Every hour that goes by makes me more and more anxious and I am beside myself with worry.  I spoke to her yesterday.  She was supposed to be evacuated, but chose to stay.  I tried to talk her into going, but couldn't change her mind.  I made her promise she'd call first thing in the morning, but it didn't happen.  Large portions of Staten Island have been devastated by the hurricane and I can't